A refreshing and hydrating summer sipper! Full of cucumbers, lemons and herbaceous basil, a perfect drink from the Kale and Caramel cookbook.
- 3- inch length of cucumber (, chilled and coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup), plus some extra slices for garnish)
- 2 to 3 fresh basil leaves (, plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (, plus lemon slices for garnish)
- 1/4 cup still water
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 3/4 cup sparking water
- Add the chopped cucumber to a blender or food processor with the basil, lemon juice, still water, and honey. Blend until smooth, then distribute evenly between two glasses.
- Add the sparkling water, agin splitting evenly between the glasses. Drop in a few ice cubes, and garnish with cucumber slices, lemon slices, and basil as desired.