Vegan banana hazelnut pancakes are the perfect addition to your next weekend brunch! The best simple vegan pancakes studded with hazelnuts and banana.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, melted coconut oil, mashed banana, cane sugar, and vanilla extract until blended. Stir in the flour mixture, stirring until no flour remains. Fold in the hazelnuts and only mix until incorporated.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium low heat and grease lightly with coconut oil or spray. Make sure the skillet is ready for cooking by dropping a bit of water on the skillet before cooking, if it sizzles, you are ready to go! Measure pancake batter out onto the skillet by 1/4 cup and cook until bubbles start to form on the edges and top of the pancakes, which should take 2-3 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat cooking the pancakes until all the batter has been used, greasing the pan between batches.