Love banana bread? You will LOVE these vegan banana muffins! Just like your favorite banana bread, but quicker, easier, and is perfect slathered with vegan butter.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, peel and mash the bananas, making sure they are finely mashed. Whisk in the ground flax seed, almond milk, brown sugar, and olive oil.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix together until no flour streaks remain.
- Add the walnuts and fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tins, filling them ½-¾ of the way full. Do not fill the tins to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Keywords: vegan muffins, vegan banana muffins, banana walnut muffins, muffin recipe