A vegan blueberry crisp bar that is easy, quick and so good with the season’s best blueberries! Take this to your next picnic or cookout, it’s vegan and a crowd pleaser.
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups blueberries
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line and grease a 8×8 or 9×9 square pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, baking powder, flour, maple syrup, salt, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest and olive oil. Combine the mixture together with your hands or a large spoon, ending up with a somewhat crumbly, but pliable dough. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, reaching all the way to the edges and it is evenly distributed.
- In another medium bowl, combine the blueberries, cornstarch and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Top the crust in the pan with the blueberry mixture, then top the blueberries with the remainder of the flour mixture, crumbling the dough over the berries evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 30-305 minutes, or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly.