Perfectly chewy vegan chocolate cherry cookies, chock full of spelt flour, dried cherries, and chocolate!
- 1/2 One Degree Organics Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder salt and cornstarch. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar and maple syrup. Add the olive oil mixture to the dry mixture and stir with a spatula until no streaks remain (you can also use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle to combine the dough). Fold in the dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm on top.