Vegan chocolate shortbread is the best vegan cookie out there, hands down! Baked using almond flour, dark chocolate, and olive oil for that perfectly buttery shortbread taste, without the butter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper, grease, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, salt, and powdered sugar.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the olive oil and almond milk until combined. Add the chopped dark chocolate and microwave in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted. whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the melted chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Transfer shortbread dough to the prepared pan and press in until firm.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until center is set.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Keywords: vegan, dessert, shortbread, chocolate