- For vegan goat cheese:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked at least 2–3 hours)
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp . apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- For the pesto:
- 1 cup basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup smoked almonds (or regular almonds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the pesto: In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the basil, garlic, smoked almonds, water, and salt. Puree until smooth, adding water as needed.
- For the vegan goat cheese: In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine cashews, lime juice, vinegar and salt. Puree until smooth and blended, could take up to 2-3 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Combine pesto and vegan goat cheese in small bowl, mixing thoroughly. Can be served immediately, but flavors blend better if refrigerated for at least 2 hours.