A vegan orange cake that is SO easy and delicious, you won’t believe it! No weird ingredients required, just all the good stuff and the BEST vegan orange cake with a super simple glaze.
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup Grapefruit Zevia Energy Drink
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar or Stevia equivalent
- 2–3 tablespoons orange zest
- 3–4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar or Stevia equivalent
- 1–2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a rectangular 11×7 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Zevia, olive oil, vanilla, sugar and orange zest/juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Transfer the flour mixture to the bowl with the almond milk mixture and whisk until batter is combined.
- Transfer batter to the greased cake pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar and almond milk in a small bowl. Pour over cooled cake and serve.
Keywords: vegan cake, vegan dessert, dessert, cake, orange cake