Vegan lemon bars are tart and sweet and use whole ingredients, plus no tofu and no cashews! Easy and with a vegan shortbread crust.
For the crust:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the lemon filling:
- 1 ripe banana
- Zest and juice of 3-4 lemons (1/3-1/2 c lemon juice)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, coconut oil, and powdered sugar until the dough comes together. Press into the bottom of the greased pan and bake for 7-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. You don’t want to over bake the crust, or it will become too hard after you add the filling. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld mixer, beat together the banana, lemon juice and zest, sugar, vanilla extract, cornstarch and flour until fairly smooth and combined.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until filling it set. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Protein: 3
Keywords: vegan lemon bars, lemon bars, how to make lemon bars