A sweet and easy vegan lemon tart made right in the blender! Using the easiest vegan shortbread crust and topped with sweet berries.
For the crust:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the filling:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a tart pan and set aside.
- To make the crust: In a large bowl, stir together the flour, melted coconut oil, and powdered sugar until combined. The dough should be fairly sticky but easy to transfer. Transfer to the greased tart pan and press evenly into the sides and bottom of the pan. Place the tart pan on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes, until the crust is starting to lightly brown. Prepare filling while crust is baking.
- To prepare the filling: Blend together the lemon zest and juice, cashews, almond milk, vanilla, sugar, and coconut oil until smooth. Once crust has baked, pour the filling into the crust and bake for another 40-50 minutes, until center is fairly set (doesn’t jiggle when moved) and top has slightly browned.
- Remove tart from oven and allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, until center is cool to the touch. I would recommend refrigerating it overnight! Top with berries and serve.
- Don’t forget to place your tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet to bake! This allows you to place the pan in the oven and remove it easily.
Keywords: lemon tart, vegan lemon tart, lemon dessert, vegan lemon dessert