Vegan lime sugar cookies are the perfect way to kick off summer with a heavy dose of fresh lime in a chewy, perfect vegan sugar cookie!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons almond milk
- Juice and zest of 2 limes ((1/3 cup juice and 2 tablespoons zest))
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the coconut oil and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in the apple cider vinegar, almond milk, and lime zest and juice until incorporated. Add dry ingredients that were set aside and mix on low until dough starts to form.
- Scoop cookie dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons worth). Set scooped out dough balls onto cookie sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours before baking.
- After cookie dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake cookies for 9 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are puffy and set. Set aside to cool.
- While cookies are cooling make the powdered sugar glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and almond milk until smooth. Add more powdered sugar as needed to make the glaze thick enough. Drizzle over the cooled cookies and serve.
- Don’t skip the scooping and freezing the cookie dough step! It’s important to making sure the cookies turn out chewy, crispy and perfect.