Vegan linzer cookies get a chocolate twist with a homemade nutella filling, perfect for holiday baking!
- Whisk together the almond flour, all purpose flour, salt, and powdered sugar. Break the coconut oil up into little pieces in the flour mixture, using a pastry cutter to combine until pea sized pieces are formed. Stir in the olive oil and vanilla, combine until dough starts to come together. Remove from bowl and form dough into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. After dough has chilled, remove from refrigerator and place on a well floured surface and flour the top of the dough. Roll out until dough is 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies with a cutter that is 1-2 wide, cutting out a total of 24 cookies. With half of the cookies, cut out the center with a small cutter, that is smaller than the cookies (1/2 inch or so). Set the centers aside, we can bake these later!
- After cookies have been cut, place all of them on the cookie sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour. While dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove cookies from the freezer and distribute them between the two sheets, placing 12 cookies on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the cookies are set and golden brown. After the cookies are baked, allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes to an hour before assembling.
- When ready to assemble, spread 1-2 teaspoons nutella on a bottom cookie and top with a cutout cookie. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days.