Vegan praline crunch ice cream is kicked up a notch with chunks of chocolate and swirls of creamy peanut butter!
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (14 oz each)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix ins
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- For the pralines:
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- First, don’t forget to freeze your ice cream maker bowl at least 24 hours in advance!
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, cane sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer instructions. Mine took about 25-30 minutes, but it depends on your maker.
- While the ice cream is churning, prepare the peanut butter mixture and pralines. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a medium saucepan combine the cane sugar, coconut milk, and coconut oil Heat over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about 3- 4 minutes. The mixture should start to thicken and smell like caramel. Make sure you are scraping the bottom of the pan with the spoon, you don’t want it to burn! Stir in the chopped pecans and cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the mixture thickens a bit more. Transfer the caramel to the lined cookie sheet, spreading out evenly on the parchment paper. Place in the freezer to cool for at least 15 minutes. After it is cool, cut the praline into small pieces and set aside.
- Fold in the peanut butter, chopped chocolate and praline pieces to the ice cream after it has churned. Transfer to a loaf pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.