Vegan blondies swirled with nutella, peanut butter, and a bit of bourbon!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup nutella (not store bought, unless it is vegan! Just make your own.)
- Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, cold water, and bourbon. Add in the sugar, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until mixture is well combined. If mixture is too stiff, add a tablespoon or two of water. Spread batter into the greased pan, using a spatula to spread the batter in the pan evenly. Swirl in the nutella. I had to heat mine up a bit to get it to a better spreading texture, but it depends on your nutella!
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until mixture is golden on top. Let cool and cut into squares.