Vegan salted caramel chocolate coffee cake recipe that is light, fluffy and SO perfect for your next brunch! Topped with vegan caramel sauce and made with a quick yeast dough recipe.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Red Star Organic Instant Yeast
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan caramel sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 9 inch round cake pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax seed, water, olive oil, yeast, and sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes, until the mixture becomes foamy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder, add the yeast mixture, caramel sauce, vanilla, coffee, and salt. Stir together until the dough starts to form.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan and loosely cover with a kitchen towel. Allow to rise at room temperature for 60 minutes.
- When the dough is almost done rising, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the coffee cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: vegan coffee cake, breakfast recipe, brunch recipe, chocolate coffee cake