So easy and perfectly sweet! These vegan strawberry jam bars have a perfect crispy crumble topping and super healthy strawberry jam filling. The perfect afternoon snack or healthy dessert!
- whole wheat flour
- all-purpose flour
- s rolled oats
- 4–6 pitted dates
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Strawberry Zevia
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with parchment paper and grease lightly. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the strawberries until they start to break down and can be mashed with the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the chia seeds and Zevia.
- In a food processor, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, dates, cinnamon, salt, olive oil, and almond milk. Pulse together until the batter starts to come together.
- Take half of the mixture and press firmly it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the strawberry filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumble mixture over the top of the filling, until all has been used.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and after the bars have cooled for 10 minutes, chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- You can sub in already prepared strawberry jam for the filling, if you want! The homemade version ensures it’s a pretty healthy option and is super easy.
Keywords: strawberry recipe, strawberry dessert, healthy dessert, strawberry bars