- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled and thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 container of vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup sparkling water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water and sugar. Simmer and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add in the sliced strawberries and let the mixture simmer until the simple syrup turns red, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and take out the strawberries, saving them for later. Stir in the vinegars. Transfer the shrub to a small jar until ready to use.
- To assemble the float: In a tall glass, scoop out 2 scoops of ice cream. Top with 1/3 cup of the shrub mixture and1/4 cup of the reserved strawberries from the syrup making. Add your favorite sparkling water until mixture fills the glass and ice cream floats to the top. Serve immediately.