A vegan whole wheat bread recipe that is easy, quick, and results in the FLUFFIEST wheat bread! This bread is hearty and fluffy, the BEST.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water and almond milk. Sprinkle the package of yeast over the top and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Mix in the maple syrup, ground flax seed, salt, flours, and olive oil. Mix until no flour streaks remain and the dough starts to come together.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl sprayed with non-stick spray or lightly oiled with olive oil (this prevents your dough from sticking to the bowl and coming apart).
- Cover the bowl with a dish towel and allow to rise for an hour.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and transfer dough to the loaf pan. Allow to rise for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until loaf is golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- This bread can be stored at room temperature if you are going to use it within 3-5 days or in the fridge/freezer for a few weeks. I’ve defrosted and refrozen my loaves several times and they have held up perfectly!
Keywords: whole wheat, bread, vegan bread, baking