Vegan yeast biscuits are a fast and easy way to get to perfect vegan biscuits in no time!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Red Star Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine the almond milk and lemon juice, set aside.
In another small bowl, combine the yeast and the warm water. Set aside until foamy. about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in coconut oil until pea sized pieces are formed. Stir in the almond milk mixture and yeast mixture until no flour streaks remain. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. After dough has risen, scrape out the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead about for about 30 seconds until dough comes together and starts to get more elastic. Add a bit more flour is dough still feels too sticky, but other wise, roll out to about an inch thickness.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut dough into 12 biscuits and place the well-floured onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until biscuits have risen and are golden brown.