Whole wheat vegan blondies that are SO soft and chewy! Perfect for mixing in chocolate chips or serving warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
For the cashew cream:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup water
For the blondies:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 pan with parchment paper and grease lightly. Set aside.
- Before starting anything else, make the cashew cream. Combine the cashews and water in a high powered blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add a little more water to keep the mixture going, but try not to water down the mixture too much. Transfer the cashew cream to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, almond milk, cashew cream, and vanilla.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Only stir until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is firm and edges are done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Don’t sub coconut oil for the olive oil! It will really make them taste like coconut and unless you like that, I don’t recommend it.
- This recipe was only tested with all whole wheat flour, so I’m not sure if it would work with half AP and half WW or all AP.
- Make sure to NOT overbake these! They will become crumbly and lose that perfect, chewy center.
Keywords: vegan blondies