Steel cut oats are the perfect base for a hearty banana vegan steel cut oat muffins studded with dark chocolate chunks! Vegan, GF (optional)
- 1 cup cooked steel cut oats
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas (ripe)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, blend together the cooked steel cut oats, brown sugar and bananas until smooth and creamy. On low, blend in the baking powder, baking soda, flour, apple cider vinegar, milk and vanilla extract. Stir in the chopped dark chocolate until combined.
- Distribute batter evenly between the muffin wells, filling each almost to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops of the muffins are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched.
- Make the muffins gluten free by subbing in your favorite GF flour blend. This one is my favorite!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 14
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Protein: 2