Banana Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache- A sweet, fluffy vegan banana cake with the easiest chocolate ganache!
- For the cake:
- 1 large banana (smushed)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- For the ganache:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seed and water together. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, smash the banana very well until almost no lumps remain.
- Next, stir in the sugar, flax seed+ water, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir very well until blended.
- Add the full fat coconut milk and stir until evenly incorporated.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, make the ganache by combining the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring between each time until chocolate is fully melted.
- Once cake has cooled and ganache has been made, cut the cake and pour ganache over each piece.