Peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect compliment to vegan rice krispie treats, without marshmallows. No bake, vegan and gluten free.
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal (I used Erewhon cereal)
- 2 cups peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 pan and set aside. In a large pan over medium-high heat ( I used a dutch oven), melt the coconut oil and peanut butter together. This should take about 3-5 minutes. When the peanut butter and oil are melted, stir in the cereal and until coated. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, until totally melted. Make sure not to burn the chocolate! When chocolate is melted, pour the mixture over the cereal mixture in the pan and spread evenly. Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or until firm.