- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon groud nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch. Whisk until no clumps remain and set aside.
- In a seperate, medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, olive oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the dough out by the tablespoon, spacing the cookies out by a couple of inches.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set and spring back lightly when touched.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: vegan dessert, dessert, cookie recipe, pumpkin dessert