- 1 cup steel cut oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup finely ground oats (I used the food processor to make quick work of this)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons applesauce
- cinnamon and brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place steel cut oats in a shallow pan and toast for 20 minutes, stirring often to toast evenly. When toasted, combine with almond milk in small bowl and let stand for 20 minutes. Reset oven to 400 F.
- Combine flours, baking soda, agave nectar, baking powder, salt and cranberries in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Add applesauce, pecans, chocolate chips, and almond milk + oat mixture and combine throughly. Mixture will be very wet.
- Transfer mixture to greased cookie sheet, forming dough into a ball and patting into a 3/4 inch circle. Score the dough into 8 slices (like a pie), brush with additional almond milk, and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, remove from oven and re cut into wedges.