Looking for the ultimate vegan dinner rolls? These rolls are easy, quick, and topped with a savory everything bagel seasoning!
- 1 package quick rise yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the everything spice mixture:
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the yeast, warm water, and sugar, until yeast is dissolved. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture becomes foamy. If it is not foamy, discard the mixture and try again. Yeast should be alive and foamy when combined with warm water and sugar!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, place the yeast mixture, olive oil, milk, flour, and salt. Combine on low until dough starts to come together. If dough seems very sticky, add an additional 1/4 cup of all purpose flour. Continue to knead dough in the stand mixer on medium for 4-5 minutes, until dough becomes smooth. Transfer to a bowl lightly oiled with additional olive oil and cover with a kitchen towel. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, until dough has doubled in size.
- While the dough is rising, lightly grease 2 round pans (pie plates or cake pans) and set aside. Remove the dough from the bowl and divide in half, divide each half into 8 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Place 8 rolls into each round pan and lightly cover with a towel. Allow to rise in a warm for another 30 minutes, until rolls are light and fluffy. While the rolls are rising, prepare the everything topping by combining the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt together in a small bowl.
- After the rolls have risen, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Brush the tops of the rolls with the 2 tablespoons olive oil, then sprinkle with the everything spice mixture. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until rolls are golden brown, but taking care not to burn the tops.
Keywords: vegan dinner rolls, dinner roll recipe, homemade dinner rolls