Tart lemons are sweetened up in this homemade vegan lemon curd! Use in your favorite dessert or to top the perfect vegan biscuits.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, and juice/zest of the lemons.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium high heat and whisk in the cornstarch. Cook, whisking constantly over heat for 5-7 minutes. The mixture should remain smooth and start to thicken.
- After mixture has thickened, turn off heat and mix in the extract. Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in fridge.
Keywords: vegan lemon curd