Looking for the absolute EASIEST way to make coconut whipped cream? This is it! Get perfect results each and every time with these easy instructions.
- To start, chill for coconut milk in the fridge upside down for at least 4-6 hours, but preferably overnight or for a couple days. This will cause the coconut solids to separate from the coconut milk and be ready for whipping.
- Once your coconut milk is chilled and separated, flip it back over (right side up) and open the can. Scoop the solids that have come to the top off and place them in your stand mixer bowl or the bowl you are using with your hand mixer. Leave the liquid part in the can and save for smoothies or other recipes later.
- Fit your stand mixer with the whisk attachment and start to whip on medium speed. Continue to whip for upwards of 2-3 minutes, or until coconut milk starts to look like whipped cream and starts to get more sturdy. This could take longer, depending on how solid your coconut milk is.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and whip for another 2 minutes. Make sure the powdered sugar is evenly incorporated.
- Stop mixer and detach the bowl and whisk. If you can dip the whisk attachment into the whipped cream and lift it up to see a peak (like a big swoosh of whipped cream on the end) and it doesn’t fall/get droopy, you are done! If it’s still liquidy, you might need to chill the whole thing (bowl, whisk, whipped cream) for a few hours and try again.
- Chill again for 1-2 hours to make sure coconut whipped cream is solid and ready to serve. If you don’t have time, that’s ok! It just might not be as solid as it could be. Still perfect for topping a cheesecake, fruit crisp, or brownie.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Keywords: coconut whipped cream, how to make coconut whipped cream, vegan whipped cream