Vegan meringue made from chickpea brine is fast, easy, and still fairly healthy! Sweetened with powered sugar and whipped up in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 cup chickpea brine (1 can’s worth)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups powered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk together the chickpea brine, xantham gum, and lemon juice on the highest setting until mixture is thick and foamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat for another 3-4 minutes, until mixture is thick and creamy. Use in parfaits, smore’s, to top oatmeal or put in between two cookies!
Keywords: vegan meringue, aquafaba meringue