An easy and lazy version of steel cut oats! Made overnight and with minimal work, with a kick from a spoonful of maca.
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup gluten free steel cut oats
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus extra for reheating
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Chopped fresh fruit, for serving
- Heat the coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the cinnamon and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the oats and stir to coat them in the cinnamon oil. Add the sea salt, almond milk, and maca powder, and stir.
- Bring to a boil. After it boils, turn off the heat, remove the saucepan from the burner, and cover with a lid. Leave the oats on the cold stove overnight.
- The next morning, place the saucepan back on the burner over medium heat. Add more almond milk if you like. When the porridge starts to boil, remove from the heat and scrape it into your serving bowl. Top the porridge with the maple syrup and chopped fruit.