- For the bruschetta:
- 1 large tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1–2 teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- For the vegan ricotta:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours and drained)
- 1 head of roasted garlic (see below)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- To make the bruschetta: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, toss together and chill until needed.
- To roast the garlic: Cut off the top of the head of garlic, top with olive oil, wrap in foil and roast at 400 degrees F for 40 min.
- To make the garlic ‘ricotta’: Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, using only half of the head of roasted garlic to start. Blend on high, until mixture starts to become smooth and creamy, 1-2 mins.. If needed, add additional water to keep mixture blending. Taste and add more roasted garlic according to taste. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for an hour before serving.