- 1 jar roasted red peppers (8–12 oz)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces tofu
- 1/3 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cilantro and croutons (to garnish)
- Caramelize chopped onion in 1/2 cup of water over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes, watching carefully. Add garlic, red peppers, tomato paste, tomatoes, paprika, and cumin. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend on medium to high for 1-2 minutes. Add tofu and non dairy milk, blend for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and croutons.
- Yields 4 cups soup. Will keep for up to 1 week in sealed container in refrigerator.