Root beer float WAFFLES! Yes, it’s like your favorite fizzy drink in a waffle, plus they are gluten-free and vegan. Breakfast WIN!
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup Zevia Ginger Root Beer
- 1/3 cup stevia or sugar equivalent
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegan vanilla ice cream, for topping
- Preheat waffle maker according to instructions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour blend, baking powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Add in the milk, oil, vinegar, Zevia Ginger Root Beer, stevia or sugar equivalent, and vanilla. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated and no lumps remain. Fold in the chopped peach.
- Cook according to your waffle maker’s instructions, being sure to liberally grease the waffle maker each time you make a new waffle. Scoop by the 1/3 cup and cook for 5 minutes each. Remove and top with ice cream.
- Make sure your waffle iron is well greased! If it isn’t, it will stick and it will be a total mess.
Keywords: vegan breakfast, waffles, dessert