- To make the pesto:
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until combined and fairly smooth, depending on how you like your pesto. If the pesto is too think, add additional olive oil by the tablespoon to keep the mixture going. Reserve the pesto and set aside.
- To make the pasta/zucchini:
- In a medium sized pot or dutch oven, cook the pasta according to package directions. I used whole wheat pasta and mine took about 9 minutes to reach the al dente stage. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the zucchini.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/2 inch to inch size pieces. Just make them small enough to be bite sized but big enough that they don’t cook too quickly.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat and add the tablespoon of olive oil, once the oil is heated, add the sliced zucchini. Cook for 4-6 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper and turning the pieces after a few minutes to ensure they are browned on both sides.
- Once the zucchini is cooked, remove from heat and toss together with the prepared pesto and pasta, coating everything evenly. Serve immediately.