A sweet and savory sweet potato salad with pecans and dried cranberries, perfect for summer cookouts and parties! Made with a sweet balsamic vinaigrette and tart cranberries.
- 3 peeled and chopped into 1 inch square pieces sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender, but not overly brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While sweet potatoes are cooling, make the dressing. Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl, whisking generously to combine. Place in a jar and refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
To assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted sweet potatoes, chopped pecans, and dried cranberries. Toss together until combined.
- Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Add more, if desired. Don’t use all of the dressing at once, or the salad will become soggy.
- Use the leftover dressing in any other salad, it’s perfect! Store leftovers in a small jar in the fridge and shake before using, to combine the ingredients again.