This salad is quick to throw together and is great by itself or served on top of rice or quinoa. The carrots are long and spaghetti-like, and if you eat it with chopsticks it’s a guaranteed 145% more fun.
- 4 cups chopped packed curly kale
- 1 large carrot (peeled into thin strips)
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper (seeds removed and sliced thinly)
- 2 scallions (chopped thinly)
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅔ cup roasted cashews or peanuts (chopped finely)
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2–3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons agave (maple syrup or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ ” cube of fresh ginger
- splash of apple cider vinegar
- In a food processor, blend all of the dressing ingredients. Season to taste, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the kale, carrots, peppers, fresh herbs, scallions, and nuts. Toss with the salad dressing and garnish with extra chopped nuts.