The PERFECT healthy vegan banana bread recipe! Comes together in under an hour and is the ultimate healthy sweet treat!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, peel and mash the bananas, making sure they are finely mashed. Whisk in the ground flax seed, almond milk, brown sugar, and olive oil.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix together until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Usually, 2 bananas equal about 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana.
- You can replace the brown sugar with granulated sugar, but the bread is going to come out much paler in color!
Keywords: vegan dessert, banana bread, vegan banana bread