Funfetti sprinkles add a cheerful pop of color to these vegan sugar cookies. Serve warm with a glass of your favorite non-dairy milk and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped)
- 1–2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a small bowl, then whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the coconut oil and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla bean, apple cider vinegar, almond milk, and dry ingredients that were set aside. Fold in 1/4-1/3 cup of the sprinkles with a spatula. Scoop cookie dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons worth) and roll each ball in the remaining sprinkles. Set on cookie sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- After cookie dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake cookies for 9 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are puffy and set. Set aside to cool.
Keywords: vegan sugar cookies, funfetti cookies