These vegan maple pecan bars are the ultimate sweet treat for autumn and are ready in just an hour! Perfect for an anytime treat, Thanksgiving dessert, or holiday potluck.
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the filling:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and then grease the paper lining. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, brown sugar, salt, and olive oil. Stir until everything starts to come together into a dough. Transfer the dough to the lined and greased pan. Press into the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until crust is firm when touched.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the olive oil, maple syrup and brown sugar. Stir the mixture together until combined and sugar is dissolved. Keep over heat until the mixture comes to a boil, then boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat after boiling and stir in the coconut cream and pecans. Stir together until cream has dissolved and pecans are mixed in. Pour the filling over the crust and spread it evenly and all the way to the edges.
- Bake until filling is bubbling and set, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting (will take about an hour).
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 7
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Protein: 3
Keywords: maple pecan bars, pecan bars, pecan dessert, vegan pecan dessert, thanksgiving, holiday