Vegan Pumpkin Doughnuts are perfect for the cozy fall season! Topped with a cinnamon maple vegan frosting and ready for your next breakfast.
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
For the frosting:
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, milk, pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, and olive oil until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, AP flour, and spelt flour, until no clumps remain. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture. Stiring until no flour streaks remain.
- Spoon the batter into the doughnut pan, using a spoon to spread around the batter into the doughnut shapes evenly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until doughnuts spring back with lightly touched. Frost when completely cool.
To make the frosting:
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Dip each doughnut into the frosting or pour over the doughnuts while placed on a cooling rack with parchment paper underneath.
- Doughnuts are best eaten immediately or within the day, but can keep for up to 3 days stored at room temperature.
Adapted from Oh She Glows