Cool lime and peppery sriracha combine in this spicy cheese ball recipe to create a perfect party appetizer or snack. Bonus: it’s vegan!
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 4–6 hours)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha or hot sauce
- Juice and zest of half a lime
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts (350 F for 10 minutes, toasted)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients on low until combined. Turn up food processor to high, adding water as needed to continue to keep mixture moving. Scrape down sides of food processor bowl as needed. Keep processing cheese mixture until smooth. When cheese is smooth, transfer to a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze until firm.
- Roll cheese into a ball shape and roll in toasted walnuts. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 2-3 hours. Serve with crackers and pretzels.
Keywords: spicy cheese ball, vegan cheese ball