Vegan strawberry shortcake is easy, dairy free, and comes together in one bowl! Perfectly flaky and uses coconut oil for an easy vegan shortcake.
For the shortcake:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons additional granulated sugar
For the strawberry filling:
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Whipped coconut cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch. Make sure no lumps remain.
- Add the olive oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir together until no flour streaks remain.
- Scoop the batter out by the 1/3 cup, form each into a mound and place onto the prepared pan, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- You should have about 4-6 shortcake biscuits, depending on the size. Sprinkle the extra granulated sugar on top of the biscuits, covering the tops.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- While shortcakes are baking, stir together the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until shortcakes are ready to serve.
- After shortcakes have baked, allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Cut each shortcake in half and top with strawberry filling and coconut whipped cream.
Keywords: strawberry, shortcake, dessert, vegan, vegan dessert