- 4 cups sliced apples (depends on how smooth you want the end result to be, either peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 cup sweet red wine
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, spread apples out in a large casserole dish and pour red wine over the apples. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the apples, maple syrup, salt, ground flax seed, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth, but with a few chunks remaining. Transfer into a covered container or jars and refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving.