A perfect holiday cookie, vegan chocolate peppermint cookies filled with chocolate chips and a crushed peppermints!
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 peppermint candies (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, flaxseed meal, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, olive oil, water, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
- Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture and mix until combined, until no flour streaks remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie batter out onto the prepared cookie sheets by the tablespoon. Bake for 10 minutes. Immediately after removing from the oven, press a teaspoon full of crushed peppermint candies into the middle of each cookie and allow to cool.
- Store in a covered container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Protein: 1