I’m back, I’m reviving these posts because I wanted to add a little more variety to the posts here! I’ll share a mix of things, from recipes I’ve made, finds on the internet and just a peek into life in general. When I was asking my friend about bringing these posts back she said ‘Um yes, yes you should do that, because I’m nosy and like to peek into other people’s lives’. Since I’m this way too, here we go!
Recipes I’ve made:
– Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo from Oh My Veggies
I made this for dinner this week and it’s not only super good, but really easy! Cashew based sauces can sometimes get heavy, but this one is pretty simple and is a nice base for adding more basil, tomatoes, etc. I tossed mine with penne pasta, but you can use just about any shape.
– Brownies from Dessert For Two
Last Friday I had a craving for brownies and knew I needed something fast , but not full size. Christina’s recipes are always just enough to squash a craving, but don’t leave me with a whole pan of brownies that I might/might not eat in a weekend. I just used a flax egg in place of the egg called for the in recipe and it worked perfectly!
– Vegan Chilaquiles from Minimalist Baker
I actually used a recipe from the Thug Kitchen cookbook, but this recipe from Minimalist Baker is really similar. I like that this recipe is easy to work into what you have on hand and I made it on a workday, which means it’s fast and easy. I didn’t make my own chips, but crumbled blue corn ones worked perfectly.
– Oat and Nut Date Sweetened Granola Bars from Edible Perspective
Work snacks are super important for me, especially since I work pretty early and start wanting to eat my lunch by 9am (don’t even talk to me sans snack at 2pm). These granola bars were perfect to keep at my desk at work and eat in between meals. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly, but it was easy to modify to what I had on hand.
– Between wedding planning, summer plans, and lots of visits coming up, it feels like May is going to fly by! I am so excited for all of these happenings, but do we really have to do things like clean the house and laundry in between? They just take away my cooking/eating/visiting time, right?
– We are going to Mexico for a wedding soon and I am SO excited. Bring on the drinks, buffets and beach please. I’ve never been so if you have, tell your favorite parts!
– Current TV obsessions: Grey’s Anatomy (I know, I know the spoiler from a few weeks ago broke the world) I’ve never watched it before and I started from the beginning. So far it’s good, but I know 10 seasons is a loooong road, so I’ll see if I stick with it! I’m also sad that Mad Men is ending soon, but it’s about time, right? Other than that, I am a sucker for Bravo shows and always Chopped.
– A few of my very best friends are coming to visit soon and I couldn’t be more over the moon about it! We have plans for a waffle bar, mimosas, and lots of beers. There will be 6 girls and 1 bathroom, so we’ll see how that one goes. Basically a giant slumber party and I’m pumped.
Hope you have a great weekend! I’m off to yoga, eat tacos, and drink a few old fashioneds, in that order.