I’ll tell you, I like to get things done did. I have the idea, I want to do it now.
I like those shoes? How close is the nearest store again?
That super adorable bedroom Pinterest DIY? Let’s go to the craft store!
This is quite normally the case with recipes as well. I’ll either do it as soon as possible, or put it on my to-do list for the coming week since I can’t stop thinking about it until I taste the coveted dish. Except with this boozy, lovely Vegan Irish Creme..
I distinctly remember seeing this Vegan Irish Creme recipe on Angela’s site last year around St. Patrick’s Day (it’s been a year already?!) and immediately wanted to get my hands on this coffee flavored, creamy goodness in a glass. Although I usually jump right on a tempting recipe, somehow this one escaped me for quite some time.
Now that I’m living in the rather Irish city of Milwaukee, it seems only a rite of passage that I mark a little over a year here with a cold glass of smooth Baileys!
But somehow, a year has passed and I had yet to concoct her version of the ever popular Vegan Irish Creme Irish Whiskey drink. Now that I have, I know that I will never go without another St. Patty’s day without mixing this boozy delight into everything I can get my hands on; ice cream, coffee, tea, in milkshakes, through a straw. Forget wearing green, I’ll be sipping this instead!
Come one come all, I have homemade Vegan Irish Creme and I’m ready to paint the town green!
Homemade Peppermint Baileys Irish Creme
Servings: 4 cups
- 1 can almond milk
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pappermint extract
- 3/4 cup whiskey
- pinch of salt
1. In a medium or large pot, add the coconut and almond milk and whisk. Now whisk in the sugar. Bring to a low boil, whisking frequently. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes, while stirring frequently, until it cooks down and thickens slightly. The mixture will thicken, but not a lot.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the coffee, vanilla, peppermint, and salt.
3. Store in sealed jars for up to a week. Add to..everything!
Adapted from Oh She Glows