Are you a burnt marshmallow kind of person or a cooked just right marshmallow type? I have always fallen into the camp of just browned enough, but not burnt (no, I am not going to set my s’more marshmallow on fire and then blow it out, gross!). Even if I did have to endure an undercooked marshmallow, I was always way more into that than burning the crap out of it. Lucky for me, after I learned how to make easy vegan meringue , which tends to also taste to marshmallows, I can easily use my under cooked marshmallow ways in vegan desserts now. I really started out with this when I tried to make s’more popsicles and failed miserably. The meringue does not freeze up, no matter how hard you try and getting them out of the molds was one huge, sticky disaster. So, I did what any sensible baker would do and salvaged the chocolate layer from the failed popsicles, layered it with peanut butter and plopped a healthy dollop of vegan meringue on top. For the graham cracker layer, I used a variation on my sugar cookie chunks from my funfetti sugar cookie popsicles and voila, the perfect vegan s’mores parfaits were born!
These hold up really well in the freezer, as well as the fridge too, if you want them to have a more pudding-like consistency. I really wanted to try torching the marshmallow/meringue layer, but since my kitchen torch is out of juice, I’m going to have to hold out on that one until I get a new one. (On that note, taking recommendations for kitchen torches, I miss having one around!) These parfaits would be perfect for a cookout or summer gathering, especially since they can be prepped ahead very easily. For the very best and easiest peanut butter, DIY it and bask in all the glory of how easy the whole dang thing really was. Working on some cookies for you later in the week, cross your fingers that they pan out as expected!Print
No bake and vegan s’more parfaits are easy to put together and uses the easiest vegan meringue out there. Perfect for a summertime treat!
- Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Chocolate Layer:
- 8 dates (pitted)
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (Rodelle is my favorite kind)
- Marshmallow Layer:
- 1–1 1/2 cups vegan meringue
- Graham Cracker Layer:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch of salt
- Pint of cinnamon
- To make the chocolate layer: Blend together all of the ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth, set aside.
- To make the graham cracker layer: Stir together all the ingredients and combine until all ingredients are blended together.
- To make the parfaits: In 4-6 small ramekins, layer the peanut butter, chocolate layer, marshmallow layer and graham cracker layer. Top with additional marshmallow layer and cracker crumbs. Freeze for at least 2 hours, serve.