Let’s get with something different today, ok? I have a cake recipe coming, but I wanted to share a little bit of what has been going on lately and tell you what’s up, cool? Let’s do this!
1. I went to Miami for Blog Her a few weeks back and loved hanging out with Phi and Karis the whole weekend. Although I’m not sure if Miami is somewhere I would want to live, I loved being able see the city with someone who already lives there. Between meeting bloggers I only knew over the internet and all the snacks (!), it was a full and fun weekend!
2. I finally joined this century and got a smart phone! I’m still working out how much I want to get sucked into it and all the things it can do, but tell me, what are your favorite apps? I’m all ears!
3. I’m growing a small vegetable garden and am kind of winging it here. I have peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, and various herbs. Any tips and tricks for these? I’m afraid I will forget about therm/kill them unless I do something special with them. I need help from you green thumbs!
4. I love discovering new places around Milwaukee that I haven’t seen in the 2 years since we’ve lived here. A few of these pictures were from Villa Terrace Garden, which overlooks the lake. It is a gorgeous space and a wonderful way to spend an afternoon when the weather is nice. I really want to go back again when all the flowers are planted (we went the day before they started planting, womp womp!).
5. I’m making a lemon cake for my BFF’s bridal shower in July and am using this as inspiration. We are both suckers for sprinkles and I love the look of all the colors against the vanilla frosting. I’ll need to test that cake recipe a few times, right? Always more cake.
6. Finally, I’m going to be adding a tab up top of the blog here with my favorite Milwaukee recommendations. I’ve gotten a few requests from readers on favorites vegan eats in Milwaukee and I think it would be a great way to show all the wonderful there are to eat in MKE. Keep an eye out for it!
Until next time, thanks for reading and piecing together my ramblings, I’ll be back with that cake recipe soon!