Back on the recipe bandwagon again! I have a list of recipes burning a hole in my pocket, but this one had to be re-done and added back in. As you know, the way to a man’s heart is through the stomach, and my finace is no exception. He’s a sucker for anything double chocolate and cake like, so these molten chocolate cakes was one of the first desserts I took to one of our weekend dinner date nights. A few times a month, we would cook dinner together, him cooking the main dish and I brought side dishes, and of course, dessert. Tiny and packing a lot of chocolate punch, these little cakes are simple, decadent and perfect for a weeknight dinner date! Almost every ingredient is something that you will probably have on hand, so whipping them up is fast and easy, just how a last minute dessert should be. Woo a date or take yourself on a date, either way, you can never go wrong with chocolate cakes!
I like to use high quality chocolate for these, especially since there are so few ingredients. My favorite right now are the big dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe’s or the Ghiradelli chocolate chips. Bon appetit!
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ ripe banana, finely mashed
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, grease 4 ramekins and set aside.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, almond milk and coconut oil. Microwave for 1 minute, or until melted. With a hand held mixer, blend in granulated sugar, banana, flour and vanilla extract until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the 4 ramekins. Bake for 10-15 minutes, let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Top with a scoop of vegan ice cream, it's necessary!